Saturday, April 27, 2024

How to Apply for Family Visa in UAE

More UAE Updates

Unlike fellow Gulf Cooperation Council states, the United Arab Emirates offers a more subdued implementation with regards to the law. While certain practices are disallowed in some states — like practicing religion other than Islam in Saudi Arabia — UAE’s more secular society makes it more attractive for families of expats to come over and enjoy the benefits of reuniting with their loved ones working in the Emirates.

To apply for family visa in Dubai you need to submit necessary requirements. Such documents help prove relationship between you as a UAE expat and sponsored party such as parents or children. These documents also establish your capability to support your family during their stay in the Emirates.

While applying for visa is often made by individual expats, their companies can also process residence visas for spouse and children. Applications from individuals who meet the minimum salary requirement of AED 3,000 per month (with paid accommodation) or AED 4,000 (without paid accommodation). Higher minimum monthly salary (Dh10,000 or more) and deposit may be required for applications of visa for parents.

Women may sponsor their spouse and children as long as their employment falls within the following categories:

  • Doctor
  • Lawyer
  • Nurse
  • Teacher
- Advertisement -

It is not impossible to get a visa application approved if a female applicant does not have the above-mentioned job description as decisions will be made based on her salary apart from the special permission from General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners in Dubai.

Required documents:

  • Prepaid e-form application. Available at Typing Centre. Fees: Dh360 (Typing charge extra)
  • Passport copies of wife & children
  • One photograph (white background) of each sponsored person.
  • Sponsor’s passport copy, Labour Card copy and Emirates ID copy
  • Attested Marriage Certificate (Attestation from UAE Embassy in home country and Foreign Affairs in UAE).
  • Attested Birth Certificate of child (Attestation from UAE Embassy in home country and Foreign Affairs in UAE).
  • Tenancy Contract (accommodation rental agreement). It has to be attested through Ejari online system of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA). If the Agreement is on Company name you should add your name in bracket). If you live out of Dubai, Municipality attested Tenancy Contract and Electricity bill are required.
  • Employment Contract to be attested from Immigration Department, provided that the salary shall not be less than Dh4000 or Dh3000 + accommodation. Attestation Fee: Dh120. If the Applicant works with government or semi-government department, then salary certificate does not need attestation.
  • Last three months bank statement. Online printed statement will not be accepted.
    Confirmation letter in Arabic for daughter older than 18, stating that she is still not married. Parent (sponsor) has to be signed on the letter.


Non-eligible professions
The following professions are considered non-eligible based on the nature of job and general salary rate.

  • Light Vehicle Driver
  • Maintenance Mechanic
  • Messenger
  • Others whose salaries do not meet minimum requirement
- Advertisement -

A fee of Dh 220 will be paid at the Immigration Counter as File Opening Fee.

If sponsor is an investor or partner, additional requirements:

• Dh320 Deposit for each family member, refundable upon cancellation of visa
• Trade License copy & partners List (second page of license)
• LLC Agreement (share value should not be less than Dh70,000)
• Investor visa guarantee deposit receipt copy (if available)


- Advertisement -

1. Ensure that you take your spouse/child over 15 for a health check-up and obtain a Medical Certificate.

2. Go to any authorized typing office & get application form typed and pay the fees.

3. Go to GDRFA and submit application form, along with supporting documents to receive the residence visa stamp on your family member’s passport.

Please Note: For your family member’s residence visa to remain valid, he/she must not be out of the UAE for more than 6 months. In case a Muslim expatriate has married more than one wife, he can only obtain one residency visa.

For more information, visit GDRFA or call the toll-free service at 800-5111

Upon Entering UAE
After a visa has been issued, visa holder should enter within 60 days after the date of visa’s issue. Likewise he or she shoud complete the processing of Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping within 60 days after date of entry or change in status. A Dh220 service charge shall be levied upon failure of visa holder to enter UAE within the specified timeframe. The renewal of this visa is allowed up to two times.

Change in Status
If the family is already in UAE under Visit or Tourist Visa, a fee of Dh1,040 shall be paid at the Immigration to issue a change of visa status within the UAE. Once issued with the visa type Status Change form from Typing Centre and pay there Dh510 (typing fee extra). Sign the form and submit it at the Immigration along with original passport. It can be completed within the same time. Then type Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping forms.


- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest Updates

Where to Find Filipinos in Dubai

Among the largest and most significant expatriate communities in Dubai is the Filipino community. Approximately 700,000 Filipinos live and...
- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -
error: Content is protected !!