The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi has issued an advisory regarding the issuance of passport extension.
Such extensions can only be allowed under the following conditions:
1. Death in the family requiring the OFW and members of his/her family to travel to the Philippines urgently.
2. Medical or legal emergency requiring the OFW and members of his/her family to travel to the Philippines or another country for medical treatment or legal proceedings.
3. OFWs with sufficient proof of such status.
4. A Filipino citizen who is a permanent resident of a foreign country returning to the same country.
To fulfill the passport extension, the following requirements must be provided:
1. Original Philippine passport and one photocopy thereof.
2. Duly accomplished application form for passport extension;
3. Proof that an application for renewal of passport had been done (Receipt of renewal will suffice as proof);
4. Death certificate, medical certificate or notices/subpoenas for hearings or legal proceedings with flight tickets; and
5. For OFWs, valid employment contract duly processed by POEA or Philippine Overseas Labor Office.
Fee for passport extension is AED 80 and AED 120 for expedited processing.