Philippine Airlines Guideline for Travelers Arriving in the Philippines Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, PAL and the Philippine Government have issued precautionary measures, mandatory protocols and requirements for travellers. For passengers in international flights to the Philippines, please be guided on the new arrival and quarantine procedures in Manila, Cebu, and Clark.
We encourage all passengers to follow the guide, register in advance and pre-book their hotels as necessary to avoid any inconvenience and experience faster processing upon arrival.
To ensure everyone’s health and safety, Philippine Airlines and its passengers shall strictly observe the following in all airport facilities and onboard the aircraft:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks and face shields.
- Mandatory registration to Case Investigation Forms depending on the traveller’s type and port of entry (Manila, Cebu, Clark).
- Mandatory use of the Traze Mobile Application to generate and scan their QR code when entering in, boarding from, and upon arriving in all Philippine Airports starting November 28, 2020, as mandated by the Philippine Department of Transportation. Learn more about the Traze App.
- Mandatory temperature checks, use of footbaths, and disinfection/sanitation facilities.
- Mandatory physical and social distancing and minimum contact at all times and in all places within the airport premises, and during all procedures, from check-in, boarding, inflight, disembarking to retrieving of check-in baggage.
- Mandatory public safety announcements before the closing of doors and during flight for cabin and health security protocols.
- Strict compliance with safety procedures on the handling of suspected/ill passengers on board, which include keeping the last three (3) seat rows of the plane vacant as an isolation area for suspected ill passengers already on board.
- Regular sanitation and disinfection of all airline facilities and equipment, and in coordination with the airport authorities, all airport facilities and equipment, including lavatories, frequently touched surfaces, wheelchairs, trolleys, countertops, etc.; Daily first aid stocks available onboard the aircraft.
Philippine Airlines shall do its best to observe social distancing measures inside the aircraft, subject to space availability. Family members and individuals travelling together as part of the same household may still choose to be seated together.