Friday, March 3, 2023

How to Send Money Using Western Union and MoneyGram

More OFW Updates

Western Union and MoneyGram are two of the most frequently used agencies through which Filipinos can send money to loved ones in the country and abroad. The process is generally quick and easy. Here are some tips.

Using Western Union

Sending money through Western Union can be done through the internet, phone or in person.

If you prefer to send cash in person, search for the nearest Western Union office in your area through the internet. Visit the actual office then fill out the Send Money form. Submit the form to the agent together with the amount you wish to send. Show a valid identification card and pay the transfer fee.

Keep the receipt and tracking number then forward the number to your loved one for pickup at his or her preferred Western Union outlet at his or her location. The money will be ready for pick up in just a few minutes.

Using MoneyGram

- Advertisement -

You can send money through the internet or via a MoneyGram office.

Search the internet for the nearest MoneyGram location then personally visit the office. Bring a valid identification card. Complete the Send Form and submit it to the agent along with the amount you wish to send to your loved one. You will need to pay a transfer fee. You can also include a message, limited to 10 words, for free.

The office agent will provide you with a reference number. Give the reference number to your loved one and remind him to bring a valid identification card to collect the sum. The money will be ready to collect in just 10 minutes.

The transfer fee will depend on the amount you’re sending. You don’t need to send the same currency as the one used in the country where your loved one is located. Simply use the currency in your area and Western Union or MoneyGram will take care of the rest.

- Advertisement -
Email Newsletter
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Updates

How to Apply for PWD ID

In the Philippines, individuals with long-term physical, mental, intellectual, or sensory impairments are designated as Persons with Disabilities (PWDs),...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -
error: Content is protected !!