- From Pinoy Boxing Champ to Hong Kong Domestic Helper
- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Fake Gold Bar Scam
- Filipina in HK Gets 20 Years in Jail for Drug Trafficking
- Filipina Falls to Death From 43rd Floor Residential Tower in Hong Kong
- Filipina Household Worker in HK Captures Life B/W Photos
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Vs Job Offers in Russia
- ‘Racist’ Ad in HK Draws Critics Online
- Hong Kong Textbook Defines Filipinos as Domestic Helpers
- Filipina in Hong Kong Charged for Using Employer’s Credit Card
- Filipino Driver in Hong Kong Jailed for Passport Name Error
Domestic Helper Job Description
When working as a domestic helper abroad, individuals should be knowledgeable and experienced in a number of tasks to maintain good relations with their future employer. Recruitment agencies will also be asking about specific skills and open job opportunities based on your current capabilities.
- Domestic helpers need to know how to cook a number of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks.
- The task will also entail preparation approaches for the best-tasting dishes.
- It is ideal to learn how to cook local dishes in the place where you will be working.
- Learn the basic techniques in cleaning different types of cars like sedans, SUVs, pickup trucks and even motorcycles.
- Some of the related tasks will include waxing, tire cleaning, engine washing, glass cleaning and vacuuming the interior.
- You should be knowledgeable about the tools and basic car-cleaning products.
- The job will include cleaning the different parts of the house such as bedrooms, bathrooms, the kitchen, dining area, living room and outdoor areas.
- Learn the basic methods like mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, wiping, dusting and waxing.
- Also learn how to change bed sheets, curtains and clean carpets and countertops.
- The task will also entail preparing the grocery list or buying groceries.
- You also need to know proper food storage techniques and the best preparation methods.
- Be acquainted with the different food groups and relative prices of stocks.
- The job will require bathing, feeding and taking them to school.
- You might also be required to care for infants and toddlers.
- Learn a number of interactive games and developmental activities for kids.
6. Tutor kids on school works and assignments.
- It is recommended to have good communication or language skills so you can help in their homework and school projects better.
- Teach them how to understand the day’s lessons and coach them in school tasks.
7. Drive employer’s car.
- Driving may also be required where you will take your employer to work and other places or kids to school.
- Driving will be useful when running errands or taking guests to specific destinations.
- Just like cooking and cleaning the house, doing the laundry is one of the most basic tasks of household workers
- Some employers have pets such as dogs and cats domestic helpers need to groom and feed.
- On many occasions, part of domestic helper’s task is to walk the dog outdoors.
10. Attend to the garden.
- If the employer has garden, domestic helpers may also tend to it, although in general a separate gardener may be hired
- Task includes trimming flower leaves, watering and moving plants into pots.