- Fake ID, Visa Violation Lands Filipina Helper 17 Months In Prison in HK
- Teachers Board Exams in Hong Kong on Sept. 27
- 2 Filipina Helpers in HK Fined for Using Lost Octopus Card
- HK Tribunal Orders Ex-Employer to Pay Terminated Filipina Helper $16K
- What Could Happen If There are No OFWs in Hong Kong
- ‘Abolish Domestic Worker Fees, Charge Employers Only ‘
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Agencies vs ‘Macau Exits’
- Filipino Driver in HK Charged for Road Death of Local Worker
- Filipinos in Hong Kong Reminded Against Gambling
- Filipina Domestic Worker Killed, Employer Injured as Truck Rams Car in Hong Kong
Domestic Helper Job Description
When working as a domestic helper abroad, individuals should be knowledgeable and experienced in a number of tasks to maintain good relations with their future employer. Recruitment agencies will also be asking about specific skills and open job opportunities based on your current capabilities.
- Domestic helpers need to know how to cook a number of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks.
- The task will also entail preparation approaches for the best-tasting dishes.
- It is ideal to learn how to cook local dishes in the place where you will be working.
- Learn the basic techniques in cleaning different types of cars like sedans, SUVs, pickup trucks and even motorcycles.
- Some of the related tasks will include waxing, tire cleaning, engine washing, glass cleaning and vacuuming the interior.
- You should be knowledgeable about the tools and basic car-cleaning products.
- The job will include cleaning the different parts of the house such as bedrooms, bathrooms, the kitchen, dining area, living room and outdoor areas.
- Learn the basic methods like mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, wiping, dusting and waxing.
- Also learn how to change bed sheets, curtains and clean carpets and countertops.
- The task will also entail preparing the grocery list or buying groceries.
- You also need to know proper food storage techniques and the best preparation methods.
- Be acquainted with the different food groups and relative prices of stocks.
- The job will require bathing, feeding and taking them to school.
- You might also be required to care for infants and toddlers.
- Learn a number of interactive games and developmental activities for kids.
6. Tutor kids on school works and assignments.
- It is recommended to have good communication or language skills so you can help in their homework and school projects better.
- Teach them how to understand the day’s lessons and coach them in school tasks.
7. Drive employer’s car.
- Driving may also be required where you will take your employer to work and other places or kids to school.
- Driving will be useful when running errands or taking guests to specific destinations.
- Just like cooking and cleaning the house, doing the laundry is one of the most basic tasks of household workers
- Some employers have pets such as dogs and cats domestic helpers need to groom and feed.
- On many occasions, part of domestic helper’s task is to walk the dog outdoors.
10. Attend to the garden.
- If the employer has garden, domestic helpers may also tend to it, although in general a separate gardener may be hired
- Task includes trimming flower leaves, watering and moving plants into pots.