Understanding IELTS Test For Immigrants and Workers in Canada
Canada is brimming with opportunities for people who have the required skill set. It is also serving as a hot ground for world class education which is why people from all over the world are turning to Canada for higher education.
If you want a future that involves working and living in Canada all you need to do is take a language test to prove your English proficiency.
One of the most popular and recognized tests is IELTS. A good IELTS score is necessary to apply for a work visa, course in universities and colleges, professional registration or permanent residence in Canada.
Meeting Canadian Language Requirements:
The Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) is a set of rules and standards that are used to measure describe and recognize the English language proficiency of people wanting to come to Canada for work or education purpose.
IELTS score is used to depict your English language proficiency level within CLB standards.
How much do you need to score?
There are no passing or failing scores in IELTS exam. The only thing that you need to keep in mind is to score enough to get into the college or university you want since every educational institution has its own requirement.
Minimum Age Requirement for language requirement for Canadian citizenship:
The Citizenship Act of Canada requires a person who has reached the age of 14 to prove his or her language proficiency for Canadian citizenship.
Anyone between the ages of 14 and 64 can give IELTS exam for the same.
How to prepare for the test?
- Since the exam is about testing your English Language proficiency, it is crucial for you to develop and polish your communication skills.
- You should have flair in reading, writing, listening, speaking and understanding English.
- There are countless resources available online that prove to be quite helpful during the preparation.
- You could go for the Official IELTS Practice Materials which have a range of reading, writing, listening and speaking tests.
- People can become slightly overconfident about their expertise in English if they belong to an English speaking country but in order to score well it is important for you to know the test format.