- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Online Dating Scams
- Hong Kong Cancels Visa-Free Arrangement with Philippines Amid Hostage Row
- Thousands of HK Domestic Workers Rally for ‘Tortured’ Helper
- HK Lawmaker Proposes Filipino Ban on Immigration Law
- ‘Internet Boyfriend’ Causes Filipina To Get Jail Term
- Filipino Tourists Sent to HK Jail for Pickpocketing
- HK Increases Domestic Worker Monthly Wage to HK$4,010
- HK Immigration Implements Measures to Deter Helper Premature Termination
- OFW Guide: Useful Cantonese Phrases
- HK Increases Minimum Allowable Wage, Food Allowance For Foreign Domestic Helpers
Filipiniana Night for Filipinos in Nepal
The Filipino Community in Nepal (FCN) is organising a Filipiniana Night: An Evening of Philippine Dances and Song on December 4 at Yak and Yeti to raise funds for their project to transform a village in Dhading.
President of FCN Joyce Mendez said, “We want to share our experiences and our culture with the people of Nepal, which has become our second home. We want to help Nepali people with the money collected and have fun as well.”
The progamme, that is from 6:00 pm onwards, will include cultural dances and songs from the Phillipines. The FCN members will be performing folk dances depicting their history. They will also document video clips of tourist destinations and history of their country.
Mendez informed, “We are collecting funds to help the people of Nilkatha village of Dhading district. We want to transform the village into a model and self-reliant community.”
For more information and tickets, contact James Serenas at 9745044531.
Source: The Himalayan Times