Police Search For Macau OFW Who Left Her China Tour Group
Chinese authorities are looking for a Filipino domestic worker who left her tour group in Shenzhen and went into hiding in the country earlier this month, Hong Kong News reported citing an official from a tourist agency.
Steven Xu, a travel agency business director, said they were offering up to HK$20,000 (P137,027) for anyone who had information about Angeline C. Curato, a domestic worker in Macau, who left her group that was on a tour in Shenzhen. Her Chinese tourist visa expired yesterday (October 18).
“We would like to pay HKD10,000 to HKD20,000 for anyone who can provide clues for us to get her,” said Xu.
Curato’s employer in Macau, who was not told earlier of her plan to go to mainland China, was also looking for her, Xu added.
Curato joined a group of Filipino workers from Hong Kong on a one-day tour in Shenzhen on October 14.
“She came here by using our group tourist visa and ran away from the group tour without (informing) the other group members or the guide. We found out that she took a taxi and left the restaurant,” Xu said.
Because of Curato’s actions, her tour companions had to wait for five hours for investigation by China immigration before there were allowed back to Hong Kong, Xu said.
The agency official said they had reported the incident to teh Philippine Consulate General in Guangzhou. Curato could face at least three months in prison for her action.