How to Get OEC at NAIA Terminal 3
Note: Starting October 2015, only those with valid online appointment at Balik Manggagawa website will be entertained at POEA offices in the Philippines. OEC applications at airports are valid only for emergency leaves (5 days or less).
Overseas Filipino Workers have a privilege of having an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) to ensure that they are properly documented and protected.
This certification is under the rules and regulations of the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA), and is sometimes called the “exit pass”. This will serve as a proof that the bearer is an OFW and will be presented to the international port of exits in the Philippines.
Related: Why OEC Should Be Abolished
An OEC will give an OFW the exemption to pay travel tax and airport terminal fees. If you are an Overseas Filipino Worker who is planning to go back to the Philippines and have a vacation even for a few days, you might have wondered how to get Overseas Employment Certificate at Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3. There is no need to worry because you have the answer below.
Here is a guide that can help you on how to get OEC at NAIA Terminal 3:
- Visit the POEA kiosks where you can get a form that you would need to fill up to apply for an emergency Overseas Employment Certificate. Present your passport and your ticket.
- Once finished filling up the form, proceed to the Overseas Workers Welfare Association (OWWA) booth. Follow their instructions in the processing of the OEC.
- At the OWWA booth, present your OWWA membership ID as a proof. An OWWA membership is valid for two years. Make sure that yours has not yet expired.
- Once you are done with the OWWA booth, go back to the POEA kiosk where you applied for the OEC and be prepared to present your proof of employment, such as your contract, pay slip, or an employment ID, in case they are needed. You will be asked to pay 100 pesos for the processing.
- Once you have the OEC with you, it is good to go and there is no need for further validation. Proceed to the check-in counter.
The OEC that will be given to you is valid for 24 hours only. You should make sure that you get it on the day of your flight. If there is no waiting line, the processing takes about 30 minutes only.