List of Requirements to Work in Canada as Caregiver

Many overseas Filipino workers dream of going to Canada, and for good reasons.

Canada is consistently ranked among the most desirable countries to live. While many countries do not allow, or Filipinos find them difficult to relocate their families, Canada, makes this plan of reuniting workers with families more feasible.

One of the different ways to come to Canada is to work as a caregiver. Many of the applicants have overseas experience as domestic helper in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Middle Eastern countries.

Before one can work in Canada as a caregiver, you must meet the following requirements:

1. You earned 72 college units.

2. At least 11 or more months of experience working as a caregiver/nanny or both.

3. Working as a caregiver/caretaker in Taiwan or Hong Kong. It can be in a nursing home or other care facility.

4. If you are not a caregiver/nanny, you must still have earned 72 college units and have attended a relevant caregiver course.

5. Your passport. If it is about to expire, make time to renew it before your application.

6. If your job title is an elder or disabled caregiver, do you have children that you care for in the household.

7. You have worked as a nanny or caregiver in the past 3 years

If you met the above requirements, you may be qualified to apply as a caregiver in Canada. While you are working on your existing contract, it is a good time to prepare your documents — official and copies — for submission to the Canadian embassy or consulate in your place of work, or hire an agency to help you.

Prepare the following documents:

1. Resume
2. Letter to Canadian family
3. Employer References
4. Police Clearance
5. ARC
6. NBI
7. Passport
8. School Transcript
9. High School Diploma
10. College Diploma
11. Birth Certificate
12. Marriage Certificate (If you are married)
13. NSO Certificate
14. Caregiver Certificate (If you have one)
15. Employment Certificate

Aim to submit the requirements to the Canadian embassy or consulate before the end of your employment contract.

Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong
Address: 8th floor, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Tel.: (852) 3719-4700
Fax: (852) 2810-6736
E-mail: [email protected]

High Commission of Canada in Singapore
Address: 1 George Street, #11-01, Singapore 049145
Phone: +65 6854 5900

Canadian Trade Office in Taipei (CTOT)
Address: 6F, Hua-Hsin Building, No. 1 SongZhi Road, Xinyi District, Taipei 11047, Taiwan
Tel: +886 (2) 8723-3000
Fax: +886 (2) 8723-3592
email: [email protected]