If you are looking to find a place for settling permanently in Canada, Saskatchewan Province is one of the best options. All of the common requirements for an average family to live happily and stay within a moderate budget range are available here. Let’s take a quick look at the advantages of living in Saskatchewan, Canada.
Looking for accommodation is flexible
Until you find a place that you perhaps want to buy, you can find a place to rent here easier than you could in other similar cities in Canada. Most common options are apartments, townhouses, single family homes, condominiums and individual rooms with a kitchen and bathroom. Rental companies are run by individuals, but most of them maintain their ethics, so you can be sure of standard rates and other common facilities.
Cost of living
Although, amenities wise, everything is top grade, the overall cost of living in Saskatchewan is moderately low.
- Housing cost is lower than other cities in Canada.
- Education cost is lower than other states: kindergarten to class 12 standard education is free, and after that, the quality of education colleges provide is worth every penny.
- Health care facilities are quite beneficial for SK residents: the government provides hospital, medical and drug insurance plans for residents.
- Public transportation cost is moderate, completely affordable and safe.
- Tax benefits: Saskatchewan’s tax-charge structure is one of the lowest in Canada, and the personal sales tax, amounting to 5%, is the bottommost between the nine provinces that charge sales tax. In addition to this,
Saskatchewan’s latest active family benefit program offers $150 refundable tax credit per year for each child involved in a sport. The government uses tax money to provide quality services such as law enforcement, fire protection, education, road maintenance, immigration assistance and health care.
Saskatchewan possesses one of the highest rate of employment of all of the cities in Canada. Here, the community is rapidly growing; hence, there are job vacancies in various sectors. There are almost 100,000 freshwater lakes, widespread prairies, stimulating badlands as well as lush, green forests.
Starting from city centers to small townships, people in Saskatchewan are, on average, friendly. Although the quality of life is quite high, the cost of living is surprisingly low. That makes Saskatchewan a wonderful place to live and nurture a family.
Find more statistics at Statista