OWWA Cash Aid to Kuwait OFWs Affected By Deployment Ban
Taking into consideration the extended period of deployment ban to Kuwait imposed by the Philippine government, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is set to give cash assistance to affected overseas Filipino workers in the Gulf country.
In his Twitter account, OWWA chief Hans Leo Cacdac said the agency has approved the cash assistance for OFWs affected by the deployment ban.
Per OWWA Board Resolution No. 14, s. 2018, may cash assistance sa mga apektado ng total ban on OFW deployment sa Kuwait, basta OWWA member at may Kuwait work visa as of 12 February 2018. Halaga ng cash assistance ay P5,000 for active members at P2,500 for inactive members.
— hans leo j. cacdac (@HansLeoCacdac) March 20, 2018
“There will be cash assistance to those affected by the ban on OFW deployment to Kuwait as long as they are Owwa members and have Kuwait work visa as of February 12, 2018,” said Cacdac, quoting the OWWA Board Resolution.
Cash assistance, he said, will be P5,000 for active members and P2,500 for inactive members.
“They can get further information through the nearest Owwa regional offices for the cash assistance,” said Cacdac. Last month, the Department of Labor and Employment imposed a total deployment ban for OFWs bound for Kuwait. The ban covers all types of workers being deployed for the first time, without distinction as to skill, profession, or type of work.
The deployment ban is in accordance to the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte as response to numerous cases of unsolved deaths and abuses of Filipino workers in Kuwait.