Self-employed, voluntary SSS members and overseas Filipino workers who have already paid their contributions in advance for the applicable months onwards based on the old contribution schedule are advised as follows:
1. Those with advance payments at the minimum MSC of P1,000 (P5,000 for OFW members) shall settle underpayments amounting to P6.00 per month (P30.00 per month for OFW members); otherwise, a such advance payment shall be deemed as ineffective contributions; and
2. Those with advance payments at an MSC other than the minimum may opt to pay the corresponding increase in contributions to retain posting at the same MSC; otherwise, a such advance payment shall be posted at the applicable lower MSC.
Summary of SSS Benefits
1. Sickness – daily cash allowance paid for the number of days a member is unable to work due to sickness or injury.
2. Maternity – a daily cash allowance granted to a female member who is unable to work due to childbirth or miscarriage.
3. Disability – a cash benefit is granted either as a monthly pension or lumpsum amount to a member who becomes permanently disabled either partially or totally.
4. Retirement – a cash benefit granted either as a monthly pension or a lump sum amount to a member who can no longer work due to old age.
5. Death – a cash benefit granted as a monthly pension or lump sum among beneficiaries of a deceased member.
6. Funeral grant – given to whoever paid for the burial expense of the deceased member.
SSS Contribution Table for 2023
SSS contribution table displays the latest SSS contribution members need to pay.
Source: SSS Contribution Table