The Philippine embassy in Malaysia honored 13 companies recognized as model employers for Filipino workers in the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Malaysia J. Eduardo Malaya and Labor Attache Elizabeth Marie Estrada handed over plaques of commendation to the following employers of Filipino workers.
- Resorts World Genting (Genting Malaysia Bhd)
- Boustead Heavy Industries Corp Bhd
- MMC Oil & Gas Sdn Bhd
- iTac MSC Outsourcing Sdn Bhd
- Jabil Circuit Sdn Bhd
- Infineon Technologies (Kulim) Sdn Bhd
- AIG Shared Services (M) Sdn Bhd
- Encora Technologies Sdn Bhd
- Renesas Semiconductor KL Sdn
- Schlumberger Business Support Hub Sdn Bhd
- KNM Process System Sdn Bhd
- Technip Geoproduction Sdn Bhd
- Sapura Kenchana HL Sdn Bhd
The firms were shortlisted based on their track record on promoting employee welfare and have posted zero labor complaints against them.
“These companies have not only benefited much from their engagement of Filipino professionals and skilled workers but also have been our steadfast partners in safeguarding the rights and welfare of their workers. We are recognizing them today, with the hope that other employers would follow their good examples,” Malaya added.
Filipino workers are employed in the services, engineering, education, hospitality and information technology sectors Malaysia.