Remains of OFW Who Succumbed to Stroke in UAE Back Home

The remains of the 45-year-old Filipino visit visa holder who succumbed to a stroke in the United Arab Emirates while looking for a job has returned home.

“Sad, very sad,” said Reynaldo B. Angulo, volunteer social worker who arranged for the repatriation of Cotabato-native Jose Arnold Aguilar’s remains. “Nandun na sya. He has returned home. Ang sakit ano?”

Aguilar previously worked in the UAE for five years as chef but left his employer in 2014 due to salary dispute.

Angulo said the remains were flown on board a Philippine Airlines flight in the evening of Dec. 16, 2017 and arrived in General Santos City on the 18th for another land trip to Banga, South Cotabato.

Aguilar, who was staying in Jafiliya residential community in Dubai, had a stroke and was confined at Rashid Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit on Nov. 13. He passed away on Nov. 21, said Angulo.

Comments
Loading...