How to Renew Your Passport at Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi
Renewing your Philippine passport in Abu Dhabi requires personal appearance at the embassy. The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi is located at:
W-48, Street No. 8, Sector 2-23, Plot 51, Al Qubaisat, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Postal Address: P.O. Box 3215, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Fax. +971 2 639 0002
Tel. +971 2 639 0006
1. Besides personal appearance, prepare the following requirements:
Duly accomplished ePassport application form (download form here)
One photocopy of the passport data page
Passport fee of AED240.
2. Set an appointment online when to visit the Embassy for passport renewal. You can visit the appointment page here.
3. On the day of appointment, visit Embassy at designated time, bringing with you the filled out ePassport application and other required documents.
4. Get a number at the Information Counter and wait for this number to be called.
5. Once number is called, approach the processor who will check if application form is valid and you provide complete set of requirements.
6. Once verified by the processor, pay the passport fee at the cashier. Otherwise, follow advice provided by the processor.
7. Proceed to the encoding section for capture of biometrics data.
8. Review information entered by the encoder and ensure accuracy, including spelling of name, dates and addresses entered. Should applicant fail to report discrepancy, he or she will be charged for the subsequent passport renewal to correct the error.
9. Once encoder is finished, he or she will issue a slip/receipt with the date when the new passport will be available for pickup. Usually it takes between 8 and 12 weeks before new passport is released. Note that passport can only be released to the applicant, unless applicant is a minor, in which case, passport can be released to either parent upon presentation of identification.
10. On the day of passport pickup, bring the slip/receipt and old passport for prompt cancellation, as new passport becomes valid for use. For those who cannot personally claim the passport, they can only authorize immediate family members to claim their passport by presenting an authorization letter and photocopy of any valid identification card, carrying the old passport.
Unless advised by the processor, applicants are urged to check the status of their passport renewal application by checking the Embassy website under the “E-Passport Release.”
NOTE: Unclaimed passports beyond six (6) months will be sent back to the Department of Foreign Affairs in MANILA for proper disposal