For every Filipino child born regardless of location, it is his or her right to have an identity and citizenship. That is why registration of birth is a standard part of service in Philippine consular presence worldwide to accommodate parents to children born within their jurisdiction.
In Saudi Arabia’s Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, the following information on procedure and requirements will be helpful to parents who wish to register birth of their children.
- Report of Birth Form (FA Form No. 40) – 5 copies
- Arabic and English temporary birth certificate and/or other supporting documents (e.g. notification of birth from the clinic/hospital where the child was born) – bring original and 3 copies
- Marriage contract of parents duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Manila (If married in the Philippines) or authenticated by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs with English translation (if married in KSA) – bring original and 3 copies
- NSO Marriage contract of parents duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Manila OR
- Marriage Contract of parents authenticated by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs with English translation OR
- If recently married at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh, Marriage Contract of parents OR Report of Marriage filed at the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh
- Bring original and 3 copies.
- Photocopies of parents’ passports (data page only) – bring original and 3 copies
- Fee: SAR 100.00
Additional requirements: (When applicable)
- Personal Appearance and identification are required for executing an affidavit.
- Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons – for babies without birth certificate or record
- Affidavit of Delayed Registration – if not reported within six months (6) from the date of birth
- Affidavit Acknowledging Paternity and Allowing the use of the Surname of the Father – for unmarried parents opting to use surname of father
- Notarial Fee for Affidavit: SAR 100.00
- Properly fill up the Report of Birth form, which can be downloaded from the Embassy’s website or obtained at the Consular Section.
- Submit the required documents at Window 4 for processing
- Obtain a copy of the Report of Birth ( for passport application )
- Pay the required fee
- Proceed to encoding area for passport application
- Application can be filed by mother, father or legal guardian
- Bring the original documents for verification
- Bring copy of passport of the affiant in the affidavit
- The Report of Birth will be submitted by the Embassy to DFA and NSO Manila
- Additional requirements may be required