Riyadh City is the capital of Saudi Arabia, and it is one of the many cities in the country where Filipinos dwell and earn a living. However, these people are not allowed to apply for permanent citizenship. Therefore, they need to fulfill their duties in paying their pensions and insurances, in order that when they retire, they could claim these benefits by the time they retire or leave the Kingdom for good.
One of the agencies that cater to benefits as such is the Pag-IBIG, and to ease the burden of the need to be home to process and register one’s membership, the agency came up with two mechanisms on registering for PAG-IBIG. OFWs can either register through the Philippine Embassy and Consulate, located in Riyadh and Jeddah respectively, at any Skyfreight Forwarders Branch in Saudi Arabia, or through the internet.
Registering through the Philippine Consulate or Skyfreight Forwarders Branch
The Philippine Embassy and Consulate, in Riyadh and Jeddah respectively, or any Skyfreight Forwarders Branch in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia caters to PAG-IBIG registrations. An OFW simply has to visit the office, fill up the application forms, and submit the documents asked from them.
Registering through the Internet
Another way to register is through the online portal of PAG-IBIG, www.pagibigfund.gov.ph. Below are the steps on how to register online:
Visit the official website of Pag-IBIG at: www.pagibigfund.gov.ph
- Click “E-services”
- Look for “Membership Registration”, then click it.
- Select “REGISTER AS NEW MEMBER”, then click “CONTINUE”.
- Enter the code shown on the image at the space provided then click “PROCEED”
- Fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT” after the form is completely filled out.
- The tab move to “OTHER INFO” fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT”.
- The tab then moves to “ADDRESS” fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT”.
- The tab moves to “CONTACTS” fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT”.
- The tab moves to “BENEFICIARIES” fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT”.
- The tab moves to “MEMBER CATEGORY” fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT”.
- The tab moves to “EMP. HISTORY” fill in the forms completely and click “NEXT”.
- The tab moves to “SUMMARY”, click “REVIEW MDF”. Review the details and make sure that all the details were correctly inputted. If there are errors, click “BACK” and correct wrong entries. If there are no more incorrect entries click SUBMIT REGISTRATION”.
Contribution and Remittance
The contribution a member is very dependent upon the member depending on his or her capability to save. However, the monthly savings must not be less than P100.00. Remittance on the other hand can be done at any Skyfreight Forwarders Branch in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Mode of payment is flexible depending upon the member; he or she can choose to pay on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual or whichever they prefer. The member must quote his or her Registration Tracking Number (RTN) which can be done online every time the member makes a remittance of monthly savings and loan amortization.
Benefits of Pag-IBIG Programs
The benefits of PAG-IBIG membership include the following:
- Multi-purpose loan. Minor home enhancement, means of income, therapeutic, educational, purchase of appliance and furniture and other needs can be obtained through the agency’s financial assistance to its members.
- Calamity Loan. In case of a calamity, the agency will offer financial assistance to its member-victims in affected areas, as declared by either the Sangguniang Bayan or the Office of the President.
- Housing Loan. Members are given grants such as a housing loan to finance any one or a combination of the following
- Acquire a fully developed residential lot less than 1,000 square meters;
- Obtain a townhouse or condominium unit inclusive of a parking lot, or a residential house and lot, which may be – old or brand new, a property mortgaged with the fund, or an acquired asset that was disposed by public bidding,
- negotiated sale, Rent-to-own Programs, or the “Magaang Pabahay, Disenteng Buhay” Program.
- Construction or completion of a housing unit on a lot owned by a PAG-IBIG member;
- Home improvement
- Refinancing of a prevailing loan with an association acceptable to the fund, however should:
- Not be in default within 12 months prior to the application date;
- Have a repayment history of at least 2 years with the original mortgagee
- Provident Benefits Claim. The agency guarantees that when members retire, the total accumulated savings (TAV), consisting of the members accumulated contributions, employers counterpart, and dividend earnings credited to the member’s account upon occurrence of any of the following grounds for withdrawal:
- Membership Maturity, that is, the member must have remitted at least 240 monthly contributions.
- Retirement – the member should retire by age 65 and may opt to retire upon either of the following:
- Actual retirement from the SSS, the GSIS or a separate employer provident/retirement plan, provided the member has at least reached age 45.
- Permanent and Total Disability or Insanity which includes the following disabilities:
- Temporary total incapacity lasting continuously for more than 120 days;
- Complete loss of sight of both eyes
- Loss of two limbs over the ankle or wrist;
- Permanent complete paralysis of limbs;
- Brain injury resulting in incurable imbecility or irrationality; and
- Death. In case a member dies, benefits shall be divided between the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as modified by the New Family Code
CONTACT PAG-IBIG in SAUDI ARABIA
LACSAMANA P. TUAN
MEMBER SERVICES OFFICER
Tel. No.(009663) 865-4482
Mobile No. +9665 02768962
c/o SKYFREIGHT FORWARDERS
1st St. cor. King Fahad St., P.O. Box 2539, Alkhobar KSA
JAMAL D. BAGUAN
MEMBER SERVICES ASSISTANT
Tel. No. (009661)482-3615
Fax No. (009661)488-3945
Mobile No. +9665-64947732
Philippine Consulate General
Umm Al-Qura Street Rehab District
P.O. Box 4794 Jeddah 21412
RENATO A. SOQUENO
MEMBER SERVICES OFFICER
Mobile No. +966537980452
Tel. No. (+9662) 667-0925
Fax No. (009662) 669-679
c/o Philippine Embassy Site Site D4, Collector Rd.,
C Diplomatic Quarters P.O. Box 94366, Riyadh, KSA