What Documents Are Needed In Filing For SSS Retirement Benefit?
SSS Member Question: What documents should I prepare to file for SSS retirement benefit?
Before proceeding to applying for retirement benefit, it would be prudent to review the eligibility of a member to receive his or her SSS retirement benefit.
When is a member eligible to claim SSS retirement benefit?
A member is qualified to avail of this benefit if:
- Member is 60 years old, separated from employment or ceased to be self-employed, and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
- Member is 65 years old, whether employed or not, and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
- Underground Mineworkers:
- Aged 55 years old and is an underground mineworker for at least 5 years (either continuous or accumulated) prior to the semester of retirement but whose actual date of retirement is not earlier than March 13, 1998; separated from employment or has ceased self-employment; and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
- Aged 60 years old, whether employed or not, and has paid at least 120 monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement.
What the required documents to apply for SSS retirement benefits?
- Retirement Claim Application
- DDR Signature Card
- DDR Savings Account form;
- Certificate of Separation from last employer (if member is less than 65 years old) ;
- Passbook or ATM Card (if pension);A member must open a single savings account in the bank of his choice and submit to the SSS his savings account number and a photocopy of his passbook or ATM Card upon filing of his application. The original copy of the passbook must be presented for authentication purposes.
- Certified true copies of birth or baptismal certificate of dependent children;
- Certified of cessation of business or practice of profession (for self-employed members who are less than 65 years old);
- Certified true copy of marriage certificate
- Proofs of filiation for illegitimate dependent children
- UMID or SSS biometrics ID card or two (2) other valid IDs, both with signature and at least one (1) with photo and date of birth.
- * Other supporting documents may be requested by SSS depending on the evaluation of the claim
Applications for retirement benefit are filed at any SSS branch or representative office.