Requirements for Registration of New Seafarers
For the purpose of proper documentation, protection as well as prompt and appropriate provision of government assistance, registration of new seafarers is a required step before deployment.
- Application Form (available at the Seabased Employment office)
- Valid Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB)
- Certification, Authentication, Verification (CAV) (this is issued by the Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, or Technical Education Skills Development Authority) (except fishermen)
- Basic safety training course certificate
- 2×2 picture and a 1×1 pictures (one of each)
- SSS premium print out and certificate of employment for those with one year sea experience or two years related landbased experience
- Employment contract from the endorsing agency
- Get application form at the lobby of the Seabased Employment Accreditation and Processing Center and fill it out. On this form attach a 2×2 ID picture and submit the complete documentary requirements at the SRC unit. Wait for the results.
- If documents are complete, they shall be returned with an Order of Payment. If documents are incomplete, they shall be returned with the instruction to supply the missing requirements.
- Go to the POEA Cash Division for payment and issuance of the official receipt.
- Resubmit complete documents at the designated counter for encoding.
- Present the official receipt to the releasing counter for the release of the SRC.
- After receiving the SRC, sign it on the space for signatures and attach the 1×1 ID picture then laminate it.
C3 and C2
- Submit agency request with the requirements at the designated counter in the Seabased Employment Accreditation and Processing Center. Wait for the results.
- If documents are complete, go to the cashier for payment. If documents are incomplete, they shall be returned with the instruction to supply the missing requirements.
- Resubmit requirements with official receipt to designated counter for preparation of C2/3 certificate and approval and signature of Division Chief or Director II.
- Wait for the release of the document at the Seabased Employment Contracts Processing Division.
P50 – New/Upgrading of SRC/C2-C3
P150 – lost SRC
Registration of new seafarers is a first yet crucial step in getting employed as a seafarer. Not only will this step provide proper documentation and prompt delivery of benefits and assistance to seafarers, it also provides peace of mind to their family members.