Can I become a voluntary Pag Ibig Fund member?
Membership to the Fund is also open to individuals 18 to 65 years old, provided they comply with the set rules and regulations for Pag-IBIG members including the amount of contribution and schedule of payment.
This may include the following:
- Non-working spouses who devote full time to managing the household and family affairs, unless they also engage in another vocation or employment which is subject to mandatory coverage.
- Filipino employees of foreign government or international organization, or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, in the absence of an administrative agreement with the Fund;
- Employees of an employer who is granted a waiver or suspension of coverage by the Fund under RA 9679;
- Leaders and members of religious groups;
- A member separated from employment, local or abroad, or ceased to be self-employed but would like to continue paying his personal contribution. Such member may be a pensioner, investor, or any other individual with passive income or allowances;
- Public officials or employees who are not covered by the GSIS such as Barangay Officials, including Barangay Chairmen, Barangay Council Members, Chairmen of the Sangguniang Kabataan, and Barangay Secretaries and Treasurers;
Such other earning individuals or groups as may be determined by the Board by rules and regulations.