Ano ang mga Hakbang na Dapat Gawin Habang nag-Apply ng Trabaho o Matapos Matanggap sa Trabaho?
Q What are the basic steps I need to undergo when applying and after being selected/hired for an overseas job?
The following are the procedures that are usually being observed in recruitment:
- File an application form and submit all the requirements being asked of you. The basic required documents are: personal data sheets, transcript of records (TOR), high school and or college diplomas, certificate(s) of employment, board certificate(s), training and trade testing certificates (if applicable), passport and 2×2 pictures.
- If you meet the minimum qualifications of the job, you will be asked to undergo testing and/or interviews among other screening procedures.
- If selected, you will be instructed to proceed to an accredited medical clinic for a general physical examination to ensure that you are fit to work.
- When you pass the medical exam, you will already be asked to sign an employment contract. REMEMBER, that before signing a contract, make sure that you have read and understood first all the provisions stated in the contract. DO NOT sign it nor pay any fee unless you have fully understood and agreed to the terms and conditions of the employment contract.
- Your agent will proceed to process your paper with any of the following concerned entities:
– Concerned Embassy for visa issuance and stamping
– POEA for registration and documentation of employment contracts as well as issuance of overseas employment certificates (OEC) or e-receipt among other travel documents.
– DFA if certain documents need translation and authentication (e.g. employment contract written wholly in a foreign language)
- You should undergo a compulsory pre-departure orientation seminar before leaving the country.