Who Should Register as Pag-IBIG Fund Member?
With the signing of Republic Act No. 9679, membership to the Fund shall be mandatory for the following:
- a. All employees, workers, professionals, officers and companies who are compulsorily covered by the SSS and GSIS
- b. Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Fire Protection, the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Philippine National Police;
- c. Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- d. Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, whether deployed locally or abroad.
Membership to the Fund is also open to the following:
- a. Non-working spouses of Pag-IBIG members;
- b. Filipino employees of foreign government or international organization, or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, in the absence of an administrative agreement with the Fund;
- c. Employees of an employer who is granted a waiver or suspension of coverage by the Fund under RA 9679;
- d. Leaders and members of religious groups;
- e. A member separated from employment, local or abroad, or ceased to be self-employed but would like to continue paying his/her personal contribution;
- f. Public officials or employees who are not covered by the GSIS such as barangay officials; and
- g. Filipinos naturalized in other countries.