How to avail of scholarships from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)?
FULL SCHOLARSHIP (FS)
Intended for high school graduates whose general weighted average (GWA) is at least 90% or its equivalent, and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least 90% or its equivalent in the third year and at least 90% in the first three grading periods of the fourth year, who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public or private higher education institutions (HEIs).
PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP (PS)
Intended for high school graduates whose GWA is at least 85% or its equivalent and for graduating high school students whose GWA is at least 85% in the third year and at least 85% in the first three grading periods of the fourth year, who will enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized public HEIs
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a high school graduate; candidate for graduation; with earned units in college; passer of ALS/PEPT;
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not to exceed P300,000.00;
- Must avail of only one CHED scholarship or financial assistance program; and
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
*ln highly exceptional cases where income exceeds P300,000.00, the CHEDRO
StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS
Student applicants should submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application (StuFAPs Form 1) directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned.
However, applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their StuFAPs Form 1 to the concerned SUCs as stipulated in the Calendar of Activities (Annex A).
In the selection of scholars/grantees/borrowers, the following percentage distribution shall be used in the ranking:
|1. Academic Performance
|2. Annual Gross Income||40|
The package of financial assistance to scholars/grantees/borrowers shall cover the completion of the degree program. The financial benefits per academic year (AY) are as follows:
|per academic year based on||PhP||9,000|
|tuition and other fees of HEIs||PhP||12,000|
Study Now Pay Later Plan PhP 15,000
Modes of Payment
The release of financial benefits shall be as follows:
- Mode 1 – CHEDROs release financial benefits directly to scholars / grantees / borrowers;
- Mode 2 – CHEDROs transfer financial benefits to scholars / grantees / borrowers through HEIs with ten (10) or more beneficiaries; and
- Mode 3 – CHEDROs transfer financial benefits to scholars / grantees / borrowers through authorized banks.
Academic requirement (for application)
For incoming freshmen
- For fourth year high school applicants: third year grades and first three grading periods of fourth year;
- For high school graduates fourth year report card (form 138)
For applicants with earned units in college
- Certificate of grades in all subjects in completed semesters
For other applicants
- ALS – Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate
- PEPT – Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level
1. Any one of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian,
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR),
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay,
- Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), or Affidavit of No Income
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
2. Certificate of good moral character from the last school attended.
Requirements for the processing of financial benefits of scholars, grantees and borrowers
For new scholars, grantees and borrowers:
- Copy of notice of award;
- Copy of Certificate of Enrollment/Registration Form or Official Receipt of Payment; and
- StuFAPs Contract
- for scholars and grantees – CHED Scholarship/Grant Agreement (StuFAPs Form 9.2)
- for borrowers – SNPLP Loan Agreement (StuFAPs Form 9.3)
For on-going scholars, grantees and borrowers:
- Photocopy of the certificate of enrollment/registration form;
- Certified true copy of grades during the previous semester issued by the registrar or his/her authorized school representative; and
- Photocopy of valid school ID, upon claim of financial benefits.
Rules to be observed by scholars, grantees and borrowers
- Enroll in identified priority courses in duly authorized HEIs;
- Maintain a weighted average grade of at least 2.5, B or 80% for scholars, and a weighted average grade of at least a passing grade for grantees and borrowers;
- Carry a normal academic load and finish within the duration of the course or curricular program;
- Transfer only to duly authorized higher education institutions and to identified priority courses upon approval of concerned CHEDRO; and
- Request approval from CHEDRO to defer enrolment during the semester for meritorious reasons for not more than one AY in the whole duration of the academic program.
Grounds for termination of scholarship/grant/loan
- Failure to maintain at least a weighted average grade of 2.5, B or 80% for scholars and a passing grade for grantees and borrowers within a given term;
- Dropping out from school without notifying the CHEDRO concerned;
- Deferment of scholarship/grant/loan without approval from CHEDRO;
- Carrying academic load below the normal number of units prescribed by the HEI for the term; and
- Transferring to another HEI/academic program without approval from the CHEDRO.