EDSP and OFWDSP OWWA Scholarship Program for ARMM Students
Update: EDSP and OFWDSP OWWA Scholarship Program for ARMM Students
OWWA is currently accepting applicants who are currently enrolled students.
- Child of married OFW or sibling of single OFW with active OWWA membership
- Below 30 years old
- Currently enrolled from 2nd year to 5th year in college
- With at least 85% average during first and second semesters of school year 2018-2019
- Must be a resident of Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao.
- Application form (available at OWWA-ARMM office)
- 2×2 ID photo
- OWWA membership record
- Birth certificate of applicant and OFW (if sibling)
- Official grades of school year 2018-2019.
Deadline of application: April 30, 2019
The OFWDSP is an educational assistance to qualified dependents of active OWWA-member OFWs who intend to pursue any 4 or 5 year baccalaureate degree or associate degree in state college or university.
The scholarship shall be in the form of financial assistance of P20,000.00 per year. Scholarship program to dependent of OFW whose income is not more than US$400.00.
Every year, a total of 1,250 scholarship slots are allocated, thus;
- 200 scholars for the slots of 10 poorest provinces
- 204 scholars for 17 cities at 12 scholars each
- 840 scholars for 80 provinces at 12 scholars each
- 6 slots for applicants with meritorious cases c/o Home Office/ROCS
- Legal dependents of an active OWWA member-OFW whose monthly salary is US$400 or below
- Legal dependent refers to only 1 child of married or single or only 1 sibling of member-OFW
- Qualified legal dependent must be single and not more than 21 years old
- He/she must be a high school graduate, physically, mentally and morally fit
- He/she must pass the entrance examination conducted by state college/university in OWWA Regional Offices where she intends to enroll
- The dependent-applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grants
Each OWWA active member is entitled to only one scholarship beneficiary
OFW couples who are both eligible for the program shall be entitled to only 1 scholarship slot
Eligible OFW dependent who are previous availees of the EDSP and CMWSP are no longer qualified under the ODSP.
List of Overseas Workers Welfare Offices in the Philippines