How to Apply For Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program?
The Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Programis a scholarship program extended to deserving migrant workers and/or their immediate descendants who intend to pursue 4 or 5 year courses in the priority fields in Science and Technology. It was created by virtue of Republic Act 8042, otherwise known as the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act of 1995 under section 37, Article lX. Educational assistance is P60,000.00/year funds from the PCSO.
(Suspended due to the K To 12 Program. Will resume in School Year 2018-2019)
Examination is administered by DOST. 100 passers qualify to the program. EDSP and CMWSP have the same date of examinations.
- The member-OFW must have an active membership with OWWA at the time of the application.
- The dependent-applicant must not be more than 21 years of age
- The dependent-applicant must have an average grade of at least 80% and belongs to the upper 20% of the 3rd year/high school graduating class
- The dependent-applicant must pass the qualifying examination conducted by DOST and belongs to the top 200 examination passer
- The dependent-applicant must pass the College Admission Test of the university he/she intends to enroll
Filing of Congressional Migrant Workers Scholarship Program Application
- Filing of application starts every June of each school year. Deadline for submission of application is every first week of August of each year or as prescribed by ROCS based on the scheduled qualifying exam conducted by DOST
- An applicant must be 4th year high school student and belongs to the graduating class at the time of the application
- Application with incomplete documentary requirements will not be accepted
- Applications are subject for review and further verification as to the documentary requirements submitted
- Application approval only identifies applicants who are qualified to take the national competitive exam conducted by DOST.
List of Overseas Workers Welfare Offices in the Philippines