How OFWs Can File PhilHealth Claim Abroad?

Filipinos based outside the Philippines who are PhilHealth members can file a PhilHealth claim abroad once they are confined in a hospital for certain medical conditions.

If a Philhealth member based overseas is confined at a hospital or receives medication abroad, he or she can file a Philhealth claim by submitting the following documents through electronic mail or via overseas courier:

1. Medical abstract or medical record written in English or copy of Medical Certificate indicating the final diagnosis, confinement period and medical services rendered. This is a document that outlines the doctor’s findings of the patient.

2. Copy of the operative record written in English, if an operation was performed. This is optional and will only be needed if the patient underwent an operation.

3. Statement of account. This refers to the breakdown of costs of medication, including hospital fees, professional fees, medicines and related costs in the medical procedure.

4. Official Receipt issued by the hospital and doctor. In most cases, patients will shoulder the costs of medication, an official receipt will be needed as proof of payment. This will be used as basis for computation of the benefits a PhilHealth member can avail.

5. Properly filled out PhilHealth Claim Form 1

These documents shall be addressed to the PhilHealth Regional Office or Local Health Insurance Office nearest to his or her Philippine address within 180 days from the date of discharge.

error: Content is protected !!