- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Jollibee Soon to Open in Singapore
Singaporeans will soon get a taste of Chickenjoy, Yum burger and Jolly Spaghetti, as the Philippines’ biggest fast food chain Jollibee is laying the groundwork to finally open a store in the city-state. In a disclosure to...
OFW Remittances Reach $11.4B From Jan-July
The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) reported over the weekend that remittances sent to the Philippines by overseas Filipinos totalled $11.4 billion in the first seven months this year. The BSP said that money sent home by...
OFW Remittances Total $1.715 B in July, 2nd Highest in 2011 – BSP
Remittances by overseas Filipino workers reached $1.715 billion last July and brought this year’s seven-month total to $11.35 billion, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) reporter Thursday. BSP Gov. Amando Tetangco Jr. said the remittances in January...
UP Accounting Team Tops Global Challenge
They almost did not make the trip, but they still managed to bring home international fame. Faced with passport and visa processing problems, four accounting students of the University of the Philippines-Visayas (UPV) College of Management in...
OFW Remittances Up 7% in May, Fastest Since January
Remittances by overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) grew 6.9 percent in May, its fastest monthly increase since January amid political tensions in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), the disaster in Japan, and the decision of Saudi...
POEA Warns Vs Seasonal Jobs in Italy, DH in Singapore
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) yesterday warned aspiring overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) against job offers in Italy and Singapore. Night time in Bari, Italy. Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwwflickrcomphotosciddone/ POEA chief Jennifer Manalili said they received reports of...
Singapore OFW Election Results
Out of 9,588 votes cast by Filipinos in Singapore, the Commission on Elections has released its tally of results (as of 8am 11 May 2010). President Vice President Senatorial candidates who topped the overseas absentee...