- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
OFWs Learn to Obey Ramadan Rules, But Maids Complain
No Filipino was arrested this year for breaking Ramadan rules in Saudi Arabia but maids complained of being overworked during the Muslim holy month, according to Migrante, an organization concerned with migrant labor problems. Unlike before, overseas...
22 Pinoy Illegals From Bahrain Arrive Home
Twenty-two Filipinos who were caught working illegally in Bahrain arrived back home Saturday. The workers, who had been staying at the Philippine Embassy’s half-way house in Manama, Bahrain, for several months, were finally able to leave after...
PHL Embassy in Riyadh Prepares Open House for Eid ul-Fitr
While it will be closed for much of next week, the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) will organize an Open House for the end of Eid ul-Fitr, a three-day Muslim holiday that marks the end of...
OFWs Reminded of Ramadan Don’ts
As Islamic countries in the Middle East and Muslims in the Philippines start the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan (the Islamic month of fasting and cleansing) Monday, August 1, a Filipino migrants’ rights group urged...
OFWs Need Not Fast on Ramadan–DFA
Filipino migrant workers based in the Middle East and other Islamic countries are “not obliged to fast during the holy month of Ramadan unless they themselves are Muslim,” according to Assistant Secretary J. Eduardo Malaya, Department of...
Work Burden During Ramadan Forces Maids to Ditch Their Employers
Many housemaids run away from their sponsors during Ramadan to escape the burden of overwork, welfare officers of Asian countries said. “We have noted that it is during the Ramadan season that household help, particularly housemaids, run...
Filipino Muslims Ship Dates to Celebrate Ramadan
A group of Filipino Muslims in the Emirates has been stocking up on dates to ship back to mosques and less-privileged Muslim families in their home country in time for Ramadan next month. Hanifah Ampatua, the president...