- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
10 Victims of Illegal Recruitment Per Day, Says Migrante ME
At Migrante-Middle East’s (M-ME) complaint desk, an average of 10 cases of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) victimized by illegal recruiters come in on a daily basis. This was among the cold figures provided by M-ME as the...
NAIA Worker Nabbed For Human Trafficking
Members of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Task Force Against Trafficking on Thursday detained an airport employee who was reportedly caught assisting 2 suspected “tourist workers” bound for Bangkok, Thailand. Melody Arispe, a staff of the...
Airport Officers in Cahoots with Human Traffickers Warned
The Inter-agency Council Against Trafficking in Persons (IACAT) issued a stern warning to all airport officials and personnel that charges will be pursued against any of them who may be found to have connived with human trafficking...
Singapore Job Applicants Become Victims of Human Trafficking Lured by False Promises
Three months ago, Gabriella (not her real name) escaped from the pub she was forced to work at after being repeatedly engaged in sex against her will. The 31-year old Filipino was tricked into prostitution in Singapore...
The Plague of Human Trafficking
A faded brown rosary hangs on one corner of her bed inside a shelter. It has been two weeks since 15-year-old Carla (not her real name) was rescued after being forced to work in a brothel in...
Bureau of Immigration Orders Strict Screening of Departing Pinoys
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) issued stricter measures for Filipino travelers going abroad, a move that would intensify its campaign against human trafficking. Immigration officers deployed in all international ports of entry and departure nationwide have been...
BI Stops Travel for 302 Would-be Trafficked Filipinos
Four days after the reshuffle of its key airport personnel, the Bureau of Immigration has offloaded 302 Filipinos who intended to work abroad without any documents, it was learned Sunday. BI officer in charge Ronald Ledesma said...
17 Filipino ‘Gang’ Members Held Over Human Trafficking
A “criminal gang” of 17 Filipino men and women has been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking. The defendants were caught in a police raid earlier this month in three buildings in Abu Dhabi after a woman...