- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Malaysia Pardons 3 Filipinos on Death Row
The Malaysian government has pardoned three overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) on death row in Sabah. Vice President Jejomar Binay, who is in the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur, said Wednesday the three OFWs have been spared the...
Filipinos in Malaysia Raise Funds for Sendong Victims
Filipinos and Malaysians have already raised an initial amount of RM3,142.00 ($1,000) for the Philippine National Red Cross to help victims of Tropical Storm “Sendong.” Guests at the Christmas Dinner Ball hosted by the Philippine Embassy’s Filipino...
Phl Embassy in KL Calls for Stepped-up Campaign vs Illegal Drugs
The Philippine embassy in Kuala Lumpur called yesterday for closer collaboration among law enforcement authorities in Southeast Asia in the campaign against illegal drugs, even as it cited recent gains in the collaboration between Philippine and Malaysian...
PHL Urges Malaysia to Commute Death Sentences of 4 Pinoys
The Philippine government asked Malaysian authorities to commute the death sentences of four Filipinos in Sabah, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Wednesday. The request was relayed to the Malaysian government by Philippine Ambassador Victoriano Lecaros,...
PH Government Presses Filipinos in Libya to Leave
Due to escalating tensions in Libya, the government’s Alert Level No. 4 remains, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said. Alert 4 strongly urges the 15,000-plus Filipinos still in the north African country to leave. http://www.newsgates.com/ Foreign...
PHL Gov’t Keeps OFW Ban in 6 Countries
The government is retaining the ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Nigeria, and Somalia, mainly because of the unstable and volatile security situation in these countries, the Department of Foreign Affairs...
Japan Offers Pirate Protection for 10,607 Filipino Seamen
Of the more than 32,600 sailors who benefited from Japan’s Self-Defense Force’s “anti-piracy operations” in the Gulf of Aden during the past 18 months, at least 10,607 were Filipinos, according to the Japanese Embassy in Pasay City....