- Highest Overseas Voter Turnout in Hong Kong
- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
DFA to Certify 37 Previously Unsafe OFW Destinations
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) can look forward to a better year this coming 2012. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has reported that 37 of the 41 countries previously declared as “unsafe destination” can continue hiring Filipino...
3-month Moratorium Eyed Before OFW Ban
The government is eyeing a three-month moratorium on the implementation of a ban on the deployment of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in 41 countries. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) said yesterday it is looking into the...
400,000 Pinoy Seamen by End of 2011
The number of Filipino sailors working in the world’s merchant fleet is expected to hit 400,000 before the end of 2011. Carlos Cao, Philippine Overseas Administration Office (POEA) administrator, attributed the rising number to the seamanship skills...
90% of OFWs in Syria Undocumented
Ninety percent out of the estimated 17,000 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Syria are undocumented, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). Most of the OFWs in Syria work as domestic workers and are victims of...
POEA Awakes After ‘OFW’s Nightmare’
Reacting to a first-hand account in the Inquirer, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) on Friday said it would move to cut queues in its main office and to ease the inconveniences suffered by overseas Filipino workers....
OFW Group Asks POEA: Reconsider New Rules for Exit Clearance
A Filipino migrant rights watchdog has urged the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to reconsider a new procedure for travel clearances for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs). According to the Migrante-Middle East, POEA should first consult OFW groups...
POEA Reports 3% Drop in OFW Hiring
Filipino workers appeared to be losing their popularity among foreign employers. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has reported a considerable decline in the number of highly skilled Filipino hired overseas. POEA chief Carlos Cao said the...