- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Korean Daewon University Scholarships Open to Filipinos
Daewon University College in Jecheon City, in cooperation with the Philippines Embassy, is providing scholarship opportunities for Filipino students interested in pursuing a two-year associate degree.
Daewon University College. Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61103095@N04/wi
The scholarship is open to Filipino high school graduates and college undergraduates, aged 15 to 25.
Programs covered by the scheme are engineering, natural sciences and social service.
The scholarship covers three years of education ― one year Korean language and two years in one of the three chosen fields ― a roundtrip economy air ticket, accommodation and meal allowance.
The scholarship committee will give priority to high school or current college students who cannot pursue or continue their college education for financial reasons.
Selected students will start in the autumn semester.
Interested applicants can email Mylo Fausto, the embassy’s cultural officer, at email@example.com for application requirements.
Deadline for applications is May 15.
Source: The Korea Herald