- Highest Overseas Voter Turnout in Hong Kong
- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
PHL Choir Wows Crowd in Virginia
A Philippine choir wowed Filipino-American fans during a concert at the State Theater in Falls Church, Virginia, USA, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.
The DFA said the Bukas Palad Music Ministry performed for their Filipino-American fans and American guests last April 17.
“The concert in Virginia was the last of an eight-concert tour of Bukas Palad in the United States and Canada in celebration of the group’s 25th anniversary,” the DFA said in a news release on its website.
It said the group sang a repertoire of 21 songs including Filipino favorites like “Hindi Kita Malilimutan,” “Tanging Yaman” and “Sa ‘Yo Lamang.”
Relenting to the crowd’s demand, the group performed two more songs for the encore.
Bukas Palad is a group of young Filipinos who compose and perform original religious music, founded by three friends who started writing songs as high school students.
Its members are university students and young professionals who volunteer their time and remarkable talent to help and inspire others.
The group has so far recorded 15 albums and performed in over 100 concerts across the Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong and the United States.
International star and Tony Award winner Lea Salonga was among those who have recorded a Bukas Palad song.
The concert was organized by the Ateneo Alumni Charitable Foundation of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Source: GMA News