- From Pinoy Boxing Champ to Hong Kong Domestic Helper
- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Fake Gold Bar Scam
- Filipina in HK Gets 20 Years in Jail for Drug Trafficking
- Filipina Falls to Death From 43rd Floor Residential Tower in Hong Kong
- Filipina Household Worker in HK Captures Life B/W Photos
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Vs Job Offers in Russia
- ‘Racist’ Ad in HK Draws Critics Online
- Hong Kong Textbook Defines Filipinos as Domestic Helpers
- Filipina in Hong Kong Charged for Using Employer’s Credit Card
- Filipino Driver in Hong Kong Jailed for Passport Name Error
30,000 Jobs in Taiwan Open for Filipinos
At least 30,000 jobs still await Filipino workers in Taiwan, local recruiters reported yesterday.
Jackson Gan, Pilipino Manpower Association of Taiwan Inc. (PILMAT) president, said factories in Taiwan are still in dire need of Filipinos and other foreign workers.
“Companies in Taiwan continue to hire workers and we have thousands of job orders that are yet to be filled up until this time,” Gan said.
He said Taiwan has bounced back from last year’s financial crisis and is hiring more workers than in past years.
However, Gan said local recruiters are having difficulty recruiting skilled workers to fill up the vacancies because of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) secretary-general’s warning that the forging of an economic cooperation agreement between Taiwan and China would adversely affect the employment of OFWs.
More from Philippine Star.