- HK Increases Domestic Worker Monthly Wage to HK$4,010
- HK Immigration Implements Measures to Deter Helper Premature Termination
- OFW Guide: Useful Cantonese Phrases
- HK Increases Minimum Allowable Wage, Food Allowance For Foreign Domestic Helpers
- 12 Common Scams Targeting OFWs in Hong Kong
- 300 Pardoned OFWs Still in Jails Abroad
- Romantic Scammer Sweet-talks Lonely Hearts
- Filipino DH Cherry Ann Carranza Gonzales Banned in HK for Killing Her Newborn Baby
- Connecting OFWs with Families and Friends Through Facebook
- DFA Airs Concern on Rising OFW Drug Cases
30,000 Jobs in Taiwan Open for Filipinos
At least 30,000 jobs still await Filipino workers in Taiwan, local recruiters reported yesterday.
Jackson Gan, Pilipino Manpower Association of Taiwan Inc. (PILMAT) president, said factories in Taiwan are still in dire need of Filipinos and other foreign workers.
“Companies in Taiwan continue to hire workers and we have thousands of job orders that are yet to be filled up until this time,” Gan said.
He said Taiwan has bounced back from last year’s financial crisis and is hiring more workers than in past years.
However, Gan said local recruiters are having difficulty recruiting skilled workers to fill up the vacancies because of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) secretary-general’s warning that the forging of an economic cooperation agreement between Taiwan and China would adversely affect the employment of OFWs.
More from Philippine Star.