- Fake ID, Visa Violation Lands Filipina Helper 17 Months In Prison in HK
- Teachers Board Exams in Hong Kong on Sept. 27
- 2 Filipina Helpers in HK Fined for Using Lost Octopus Card
- HK Tribunal Orders Ex-Employer to Pay Terminated Filipina Helper $16K
- What Could Happen If There are No OFWs in Hong Kong
- ‘Abolish Domestic Worker Fees, Charge Employers Only ‘
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Agencies vs ‘Macau Exits’
- Filipino Driver in HK Charged for Road Death of Local Worker
- Filipinos in Hong Kong Reminded Against Gambling
- Filipina Domestic Worker Killed, Employer Injured as Truck Rams Car in Hong Kong
PDOS for OFWs Now in Bacolod – OWWA
Overseas-bound workers from Negros Occidental and Bacolod City will no longer have to travel to Iloilo for their pre-departure orientation seminar, a government press release said.
Samuel Madrid, regional director of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration said recruitment agencies based in Bacolod Tuesday have agreed to conduct a weekly PDOS in the city every Wednesday, beginning April 6.
Before the agreed schedule, the OFWs from Negros had to travel to Iloilo to attend the PDOS slated Mondays and Thursdays, the press release said.
Meanwhile, following the execution of three Filipinos in China for illegal drug trafficking cases, Madrid said they will also intensify their advocacy on how OFWs can avoid being drug courier or mules.
This will be incorporated in the PDOS, the press release said.
Apart from the weekly of PDOS in Bacolod City, Madrid also announced the start of the OWWA-Philippine Overseas Employment Administration one-stop-shop in Bacolod.
The OWWA-POEA one-stop-shop is located at the 2nd floor of the old City Hall Bldg, Araneta corner Luzuriaga streets in Bacolod City, the press release said.
Source: Daily Star