- HK Increases Domestic Worker Monthly Wage to HK$4,010
- HK Immigration Implements Measures to Deter Helper Premature Termination
- OFW Guide: Useful Cantonese Phrases
- HK Increases Minimum Allowable Wage, Food Allowance For Foreign Domestic Helpers
- 12 Common Scams Targeting OFWs in Hong Kong
- 300 Pardoned OFWs Still in Jails Abroad
- Romantic Scammer Sweet-talks Lonely Hearts
- Filipino DH Cherry Ann Carranza Gonzales Banned in HK for Killing Her Newborn Baby
- Connecting OFWs with Families and Friends Through Facebook
- DFA Airs Concern on Rising OFW Drug Cases
PDOS for OFWs Now in Bacolod – OWWA
Overseas-bound workers from Negros Occidental and Bacolod City will no longer have to travel to Iloilo for their pre-departure orientation seminar, a government press release said.
Samuel Madrid, regional director of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration said recruitment agencies based in Bacolod Tuesday have agreed to conduct a weekly PDOS in the city every Wednesday, beginning April 6.
Before the agreed schedule, the OFWs from Negros had to travel to Iloilo to attend the PDOS slated Mondays and Thursdays, the press release said.
Meanwhile, following the execution of three Filipinos in China for illegal drug trafficking cases, Madrid said they will also intensify their advocacy on how OFWs can avoid being drug courier or mules.
This will be incorporated in the PDOS, the press release said.
Apart from the weekly of PDOS in Bacolod City, Madrid also announced the start of the OWWA-Philippine Overseas Employment Administration one-stop-shop in Bacolod.
The OWWA-POEA one-stop-shop is located at the 2nd floor of the old City Hall Bldg, Araneta corner Luzuriaga streets in Bacolod City, the press release said.
Source: Daily Star