- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Online Dating Scams
- Hong Kong Cancels Visa-Free Arrangement with Philippines Amid Hostage Row
- Thousands of HK Domestic Workers Rally for ‘Tortured’ Helper
- HK Lawmaker Proposes Filipino Ban on Immigration Law
- ‘Internet Boyfriend’ Causes Filipina To Get Jail Term
- Filipino Tourists Sent to HK Jail for Pickpocketing
- HK Increases Domestic Worker Monthly Wage to HK$4,010
- HK Immigration Implements Measures to Deter Helper Premature Termination
- OFW Guide: Useful Cantonese Phrases
- HK Increases Minimum Allowable Wage, Food Allowance For Foreign Domestic Helpers
Jobs in Australia for Skilled Filipinos
Australia is set to hire thousands of skilled Filipino workers in 2010, according to Labor Secretary Marianito Roque. The official will be flying to Australia early to sign an agreement that paves way for the hiring of thousands of Filipino professionals.
Beautiful skyline at Sydney, Australia
Photo credit: Linh_R0m
He said the agreement that would be inked with Southern Australia would open good quality and high-paying jobs to Filipino workers.
“Those who would qualify for the jobs would get at least $4,000 monthly salary and there would be no placement fee,” Roque said. The government had earlier reported that Australia is expected to hire about 300,000 Filipino workers in the next three to five years.
Currently, there are a little over 250,000 Filipinos working and living in Australia.