- HK Top Court Rejects Filipina Bid for Son’s Permanent Resident Status
- Filipina Helper in Hong Kong Fined for Drug Abuse
- 300 Filipinas Pass Special Teachers Board in Hong Kong
- From Pinoy Boxing Champ to Hong Kong Domestic Helper
- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Fake Gold Bar Scam
- Filipina in HK Gets 20 Years in Jail for Drug Trafficking
- Filipina Falls to Death From 43rd Floor Residential Tower in Hong Kong
- Filipina Household Worker in HK Captures Life B/W Photos
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Vs Job Offers in Russia
- ‘Racist’ Ad in HK Draws Critics Online
Jobs in Australia for Skilled Filipinos
Australia is set to hire thousands of skilled Filipino workers in 2010, according to Labor Secretary Marianito Roque. The official will be flying to Australia early to sign an agreement that paves way for the hiring of thousands of Filipino professionals.
Beautiful skyline at Sydney, Australia
Photo credit: Linh_R0m
He said the agreement that would be inked with Southern Australia would open good quality and high-paying jobs to Filipino workers.
“Those who would qualify for the jobs would get at least $4,000 monthly salary and there would be no placement fee,” Roque said. The government had earlier reported that Australia is expected to hire about 300,000 Filipino workers in the next three to five years.
Currently, there are a little over 250,000 Filipinos working and living in Australia.