- Fake ID, Visa Violation Lands Filipina Helper 17 Months In Prison in HK
- Teachers Board Exams in Hong Kong on Sept. 27
- 2 Filipina Helpers in HK Fined for Using Lost Octopus Card
- HK Tribunal Orders Ex-Employer to Pay Terminated Filipina Helper $16K
- What Could Happen If There are No OFWs in Hong Kong
- ‘Abolish Domestic Worker Fees, Charge Employers Only ‘
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Agencies vs ‘Macau Exits’
- Filipino Driver in HK Charged for Road Death of Local Worker
- Filipinos in Hong Kong Reminded Against Gambling
- Filipina Domestic Worker Killed, Employer Injured as Truck Rams Car in Hong Kong
Jobs in Australia for Skilled Filipinos
Australia is set to hire thousands of skilled Filipino workers in 2010, according to Labor Secretary Marianito Roque. The official will be flying to Australia early to sign an agreement that paves way for the hiring of thousands of Filipino professionals.
Beautiful skyline at Sydney, Australia
Photo credit: Linh_R0m
He said the agreement that would be inked with Southern Australia would open good quality and high-paying jobs to Filipino workers.
“Those who would qualify for the jobs would get at least $4,000 monthly salary and there would be no placement fee,” Roque said. The government had earlier reported that Australia is expected to hire about 300,000 Filipino workers in the next three to five years.
Currently, there are a little over 250,000 Filipinos working and living in Australia.