- Highest Overseas Voter Turnout in Hong Kong
- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
Foundation Offers Free Overseas Calls
BETTINA Bantug Benitez (BBB) Foundation gives Negrenses a chance to greet their love ones abroad through “Libreng Tawag sa OFW” program initiated by Albee Bantug Benitez, grandson of Victorias City Mayor Severo Palanca.
The booth, located in Silay City plaza fronting the San Diego Pro-Cathedral, is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. until January 15, 2009. BBB volunteers are there to assist those who would like to avail of the free overseas calls service.
The free call services are using two systems, PC to phone and PC-to-PC or live chat through Internet.
For those who want to make PC-to-PC calls, just prepare the e-mail address of the person to contact while landline or cell phone number is needed for PC-to-phone calls.
The “Libreng Tawag sa OFW” program or BBB could reach to dozens of countries namely: Australia, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, (Republic of) Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand and Poland.
Other available destinations are Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Austria, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Guam, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Portugal, Sweden, Taiwan and USA.