- Fake ID, Visa Violation Lands Filipina Helper 17 Months In Prison in HK
- Teachers Board Exams in Hong Kong on Sept. 27
- 2 Filipina Helpers in HK Fined for Using Lost Octopus Card
- HK Tribunal Orders Ex-Employer to Pay Terminated Filipina Helper $16K
- What Could Happen If There are No OFWs in Hong Kong
- ‘Abolish Domestic Worker Fees, Charge Employers Only ‘
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Agencies vs ‘Macau Exits’
- Filipino Driver in HK Charged for Road Death of Local Worker
- Filipinos in Hong Kong Reminded Against Gambling
- Filipina Domestic Worker Killed, Employer Injured as Truck Rams Car in Hong Kong
DFA Reopens Easy Passport Renewal Service for OFWs in Riyadh
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who have to renew their travel documents in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, need not make personal visits to the embassy with the reopening of the “Embassy on Wheels” (EOW) service of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
One of the EOW exercises will be held in Al-Khobar while the other will be in Jubail before the end of the year, the DFA said in a statement.
The EOW will be held at the International Philippine School in Al-Khobar from Dec. 16 to 17, with the usual cooperation and support of Filipino community leaders and volunteers from various organizations.
The venue for the EOW in Jubail on Dec. 9 to 10 will still be announced as soon as it is confirmed with the help of the Filipino community in Jubail, the DFA said.
All electronic passport (ePassport) applicants are required to appear before the consular staff to have their photos, signatures and fingerprints taken. No photographs are needed for the new ePassport, which costs 240 Saudi riyal.
The DFA reminded applicants to bring their old passports and receipts to claim their new passports. Representatives must present an authorization letter signed by the applicant.
“The Embassy is once more trying to expand the coverage of the EOW to places with large concentrations of Filipinos and studying possible ways of making reservations or appointments for the EOWs,” the DFA said.