- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Filipina Working Illegally for Israel Minister’s Wife Arrested by Oz Unit
Israel Police on Sunday evening arrested a Filipina woman suspected of working illegally as a housekeeper for Defense Minister Ehud Barak and his wife, Nili Priel.
Virginia was located in Tel Aviv, in a join raid with the Oz immigration unit.
Police have been searching for Virginia since last year, when it emerged revealed that Priel was employing a migrant worker without a license.
The housekeeper, who did chores twice a week and helped out when the couple held parties, had previously been employed in Israel legally as a caretaker but began cleaning homes when her employment license expired.
Priel admitted last week that she had employed the foreign worker and said she takes full responsibility for the action.
The confession came after the attorney general closed the case for lack of evidence and subsequently reopened it after Israel Radio correspondent Carmela Menashe tracked down the woman by using the telephone number Priel had – which she did not give the investigators.
Priel asked Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein to punish her with a fine and thus end the affair without further legal ramification, but her request was denied. A senior attorney in Weinstein’s office, Raz Nizri, old Priel in response that the act was deserving of full investigation and that the payment of a fine would not suffice.