- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Filipino Teachers in China Cited as Outstanding Foreign Experts
Three Filipino English teachers were recognized as outstanding foreign experts by China’s Jilin Province for contributing to the province’s economic and social development.
Citing a report from the Philippine Embassy in Beijing, the Department of Foreign Affairs identified the three as Ma. Socorro Rodriguez, Arnel Genzola and Lileth Mesias Reyes.
“We are very proud for our Filipino awardees for their achievement. It was recognition of their talent and dedication while practicing their craft in China. More importantly, they continue to serve as ambassadors of goodwill as we continue to strengthen our people-to-people links with the Chinese people,” the Philippine Embassy said in a statement posted on the DFA website.
An article on the DFA website said the three were among 59 foreign experts who received citations on September 28 in ceremonies at Jilin’s capital town Changchun.
The awarding rites were part of the province’s celebration of the 61st founding anniversary of the People’s Republic of China, the DFA added.
The DFA said the three were bestowed “The Outstanding Foreign Experts Award,” which the Jilin provincial government confers annually to foreign experts.
The award is meant to thank and commend these foreign experts for their outstanding achievements and dedication to China’s development in various fields such as the economy, technology, education, and culture.
Rodriguez is an English teacher for college and post-graduate students at the Changchun University of Technology, where she has been teaching for the last seven years.
Reyes currently works as a Deputy President/EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher for Eastern Star Foreign Language School in Jilin Province.
Genzola also teaches English at Jilin University’s Lambton College, where he has been a faculty member since August 2007.
Jilin Vice-Governor Jin Zhenji, who attended the awarding ceremonies, expressed her gratitude to the awardees for contributing to the economic and social development of Jilin for years.
He also emphasized that more foreign experts are welcome to work in Jilin Province.
Source: GMA News