- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Two Filipinos Convicted in Vietnam on Drug Charges
The people’s court of the southern province of Tay Ninh on September 30 gave a life imprisonment sentence and a 20-year jail term to two Philippine citizens for illegally bringing heroin into Vietnam.
John Lopez Diemsen, 48, received the life imprisonment and his 32-year-old accomplice, Raquel Malayao Ramos, 20 years in prison.
According to the court’s verdict, both men attempted to traffic heroin from Cambodia to Vietnam and then to the Philippines in July 2009.
On August 8, Raquel went to Cambodia to receive the banned goods that were already ordered. However, he was caught red-handed the same day at Long Beach Plaza hotel.
Raquel’s case was immediately informed to Vietnam’s police to enable them to arrest John in Tay Ninh province on August 11 when he received five packages of yellow powder weighting 847.2 grams. The powder was tested to have heroin substance.
Source: VOV News