- Employer’s Missing Earrings Lead to HK Pinay Helper’s Bigger Loot
- Filipina Maid in HK Found Guilty of Stealing Letter Intended for Employer
- Falling Cabinet Kills Sleeping Filipina Helper in HK
- Labor Rights of Domestic Workers in Hong Kong
- ‘Internet Boyfriend’ Causes Filipina To Get Jail Term
- HK Top Court Rejects Filipina Bid for Son’s Permanent Resident Status
- Filipina Helper in Hong Kong Fined for Drug Abuse
- 300 Filipinas Pass Special Teachers Board in Hong Kong
- From Pinoy Boxing Champ to Hong Kong Domestic Helper
- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Fake Gold Bar Scam
In Demand Jobs Abroad for Filipinos in 2014
Services of Filipino workers will continue to be in demand in 2014, assured the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
Sectors such as hotel and tourism, construction, energy and healthcare are expected to hire more Filipinos, and the Middle East — notably Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates (UAE) — will remain as the largest labor market for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
“They (Middle Eastern countries) have shown a lot of resiliency, they have shown na insulated sila, na hindi sila ganun ka-affected ng economic crises,” said POEA administrator Hans Leo Cacdac in a TV interview with GMA News Monday.
Cacdac disclosed that semi-skilled workers like pipe fitters and welders are most of in-demand jobs in the Middle East, although he said professionals like engineers and architect are also in high demand in the region.
POEA identified certain job opportunities in certain countries are available to Filipino workers.
Israel will open its doors to Filipino caregivers.
Iraq is in need of 7,000 nurses.
Qatar will need around 1 million workers in fields of construction, hotel and healthcare, primarily in its preparation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
China, Japan, Vietnam and Indonesia
Asian countries such as China, Japan, Vietnam and Indonesia will open job markets to foreign workers for teachers, IT workers, designers, architects, engineers and entertainers.
To fuel India’s strong economy, more workers are needed in fields of furniture design, highway and railway construction, food services, agri and aqua culture, and entertainment and hospitality.
Macau has high demand for workers in construction, healthcare and tourism industries.
South Korea continues to look for factory workers.
Australia and New Zealand
Job opportunities are available in Australia and New Zealand within agriculture and forestry, education, engineering, finance, trade and transportation, tourism, and health and social services sectors.