- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
No Deployment Ban of Pinoy Workers to Malaysia — DOLE
Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said there is no deployment ban of Filipino workers to Malaysia despite the tension in Sabah.
“There is no ban. There is no mandatory repatriation…everything will have to depend on the assessment of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) based on the area where there is conflict,” Baldoz said.
Baldoz chief explained that the recent 289 Filipinos who returned to the Philippines were not connected to the Sabah tension.
“I visited Zamboanga City to get the best handle of the situation that might involve our OFWs in Sabah. I was informed by our field officials that the 289 are “regular deportees” who came from all over Sabah and Peninsular Malaysia through regular commercial vessels from Sandakan,” she said.
Tension in Sabah
Malaysia’s De facto law minister Nazri Aziz on Tuesday said the armed followers of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III would be charged for murder for their intrusion into Lahad Datu, Sabah.
The arrival of dozens of armed Filipinos into Sabah last month was “intrusion into our sovereignty not a war,” Nazri said in a report of Malaysia’s The Star Online news site.
A Reuters report on Tuesday said Malaysian troops backed by fighter jets attacked the armed Filipino group on Tuesday, trying to end a standoff in Sabah after violence that killed at least 27 people.
The Filipino group arrived by boat about three weeks ago claiming to be descendants of the Philippines’ sultanate of Sulu.
Continue reading at GMA News