- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Pinoy Nurse in UAE Accused of Murdering Man with Potato Peeler Over Girlfriend
A nurse has claimed that he accidentally killed his countryman and did not have any intention of murdering him with a potato peeler when they quarrelled over a woman.
The 39-year-old Filipino nurse, O.J. was said to have invited his compatriot friends, including the victim L.N., over for dinner and he stabbed L.N. after having a heated argument over a woman.
An Emirati police lieutenant said the defendant admitted that he fought with L.N. and stabbed him after the victim mocked O.J. and sarcastically criticised his girlfriend.
“The suspect claimed that they were at his residence when the incident happened. O.J. alleged that L.N. asked him what was remarkable in his personality or character that made him a better person for his girlfriend to be with him! Then the victim assaulted O.J., who grabbed a sharp tool and stabbed L.N.,” said the lieutenant.
According to the charge sheet, prosecutors charged O.J. with intentionally murdering his countryman by repeatedly stabbing him in his chest with a potato peeler.
The defendant was also charged with consuming liquor.
“Your honour I am not guilty for murder… it happened by accident. I didn’t have any intention to kill him,” said the defendant when he appeared before the Dubai Court of First Instance.
He also confessed that he drank liquor.
Continue reading at Gulf News