- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Pinay ‘Nurse’ in Hot Water in Switzerland for Posting Facebook Photos of Corpse
Swiss prosecutors said Friday they had opened a criminal investigation after an alleged care-home nurse posted pictures of herself on Facebook sitting next to the corpse of an old woman.
Prosecutors in the eastern region of Saint Gallen told Swiss news agency ATS that the suspected offence was disturbing the peace of the dead, a crime carrying up to three years in prison.
In a string of pictures revealed Friday by the 20 Minuten newspaper — which said they had been spotted by a reader — a woman in a nurse’s uniform was seen laughing and posing at the bedside of a dead woman.
The pictures were accompanied by off-colour comments.
The newspaper blanked out the faces of the nurse and the dead woman, as well as the nurse’s Facebook name and those of people who commented on the posting.
Other pictures posted on the woman’s page — which featured what appeared to be Satanist imagery — showed her standing in front of an ambulance, sitting on a motorbike and cavorting in sado-masochist poses.
Later Friday, the tabloid Blick said it had managed to identify the woman as an immigrant from the Philippines who was married to a Swiss man.
The newspaper said the woman worked as a cook not a nurse, and was also offered sado-masochist services.
Continue reading at GMA News