- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
UP, Ateneo, La Salle Graduates Hired Faster, Paid More
Graduates of the top 3 educational institutions in the Philippines are hired faster and paid more by employers, according to the National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB).
The NSCB, in a new report citing a Graduate Tracer Study made by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), said graduates of the University of the Philippines, Ateneo de Manila University, and De La Salle University have a significant head start in their careers compared to graduates of other colleges and universities nationwide.
Of the “Big 3,” UP graduates were the fastest to find work but were paid a smaller starting salary compared to Ateneo or La Salle graduates.
UP graduates only waited an average of 1.8 month to find work and had a mean income per month of a little over P9,700.
De La Salle graduates actively looked for a job for an average of 2.4 months but got a mean income per month of almost P11,900.
Ateneo graduates, meanwhile, spend an average of 2.9 months looking for work and had a mean income per month of around P 10,100.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News