- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Pinay Housemaid Complains Employer Not Honoring Work Contract
A Filipino housemaid has complained her employer does not respect her contract.
Angeline (not her real name) said that instead of receiving 350, she was told she would receive 250 (SR 900), and that she would receive her salary every three months. She also does not get a day off.
Earlier reports said the new contract agreement between the Kingdom and the Philippines, which contains 19 articles, guarantees the rights of both the employer and the employee. The latter should receive 400 (SR 1,500), to be deposited directly to the housemaid’s bank account.
However, a senior Filipino diplomat in the Kingdom said he suspected that Angeline’s contract had been under the old rules, in force before the new agreement.
Continue reading at Menafn