- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
DFA Chief Flies To Syria For Repatriation Of 1,000 OFWs
Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Albert del Rosario left for Syria Monday to speed up the repatriation of more than 1,000 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) trying to escape the increasing violence there.
“We were given a clear mandate by the President to ensure the safety and welfare of Filipinos in Syria. We want to facilitate the immediate repatriation of as many Filipinos as possible,” Del Rosario said in a statement yesterday.
He was accompanied by DFA Undersecretary Rafael Seguis.
Some of the obstacles the government faced until recently was having to pay refunds to Syrian employers for unfinished contracts and fees levied by the Syrian government.
Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez said yesterday that the Philippine government has now obtained waivers from employers.
Continue reading at Philippine Star