- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
My Wife Was Murdered By Her ‘Close’ Friend: Dubai Filipino
A 51-year-old Filipina lady, who went missing since last Sunday, was found murdered, allegedly by her ‘close’ Filipino friend.
“She was found dead in her car, which was found abandoned near Industrial Area Number 11 in Sharjah,” Brigadier Mohammed Nasser Al Razouki, Assistant Director, in charge of all police stations in Dubai, told Emirates 24|7.
“The Sharjah Police arrested a Filipino man on Friday and the investigation is going on,” he added.
It is reported that the police spotted the abandoned car while they were patrolling the area early yesterday morning.
Lorna Lim Varona’s husband was heartbroken, speaking to Emirates 24|7.
“Yes, she was murdered,” he told this website over the telephone, minutes after stepping out of the CID office in Dubai.
“He (the suspect) was caught on Friday and he confessed to the crime last night,” he added.
With no information of what prompted him to commit the murder, the husband said, “What can I say? He is an evil man. I don’t know why he did it?”
The suspect, he revealed, was a “close friend of the family. He was very close to my wife”.
Lorna has been living with her husband in Dubai for the last 30 years.
Continue reading at Emirates 24/7